Rose buds

My first completed project for 2021 is this composition using the traditional Palestinian motif of the Rose Bud.

On this occasion though I used only one motif, I compensated by using various colours. Four colours in fact and each one with two shades. The main colours are seagreen, turquoise and electric blue. These were all from the DMC stranded cotton range. The yellows are so old that they no longer have any identifIcation re. origin. The yellows were only used for some of the buds. They do stand out though. Perhaps there are too many in yellow?

The embroidery is all done with two strands of the thread. The fabric is a very bright Christmas red in 18ct Aida. I find Palestinian embroidery quite slow work and this project took me just over 30 hours of stitching time. Worth it though. The finished piece measures 15cm x 15cm. I now need to smooth it out and add a backing.

One thought on “Rose buds

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s