My new ipad case

Today I completed my brand new ipad case. I finished off the stitching early in the morning and then managed to sew the piece with hems to turn it into a slip-in case. Here is the front of the case, which features a dragon with a couple of moons and feathers on the wrap-over part.

P1060971On the reverse I put a bunch of grapes in the centre, with a kohl holder on either side.P1060972I am pretty chuffed at getting this all done, more or less on my own. I did of course have the essential help of our tutor, Jane, for guidance on how to work out a seam and how to use a sewing machine. This is now the second time I have worked with one of these machines. A bit easier this time around, but not by much.  The biggest difficulty is keeping the foot pressure constant. I start off very slow and suddenly, swoosh, the machine is stitching at a hundred miles and hour. Scary!

All the motifs are part of the treasure of traditional Palestinian embroidery motifs. Everything was stitched with two strands of DMC in various shades of green, yellow, red and blue. I now need to attach a couple of velcro circles to keep the overlapping bit in place. Happy stitching!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s