Another (mainly) Bargello Project

P1030622I have just finished stitching my latest stitching project, which is a bit of a made on the spur of the moment kind of thing.  In truth it started life as a whopper of a mistake.  I was stitching the central part of the third in the Els Socors series and suddenly realised that the central diamond was too large.  To confound things I also realised that I had misjudged the amount of fabric needed for the piece.  However I did like the large diamond in the middle, so I decided to keep it for another day.  That day came about a week ago, and since then I have been working away at making up a design to go around the diamond or square as it now is.  The rest of the piece is made up of various Bargello stitches, apart from the wavy line, which, like the square, is stitched in one strand of Caron Watercolours in Iris.  The main body of the piece is done in greens, while the inserts are stitched in blues.  For the oval like shapes I used two Rajmahal Art Silk threads – all six strands.  All the other threads are DMC cotton in three strands.  The fabric is a 16ct Aida in white.  As is all too common with my stitching I have no idea what to do with the finished piece.  It will lie around somewhere for long enough.  Still I did enjoy stitching this work.

Now that Christmas is nearly upon us I am not sure how much more stitching I will manage to get done.  However I do intend to keep on stitching away on as many days as I can manage.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Another (mainly) Bargello Project

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s