Bargello Candle Holder

I have now finished the stitching for the glass candle holder.  It was not as difficult as I had anticipated to attach the fabric to the glass.    I simply glued the thing on!  I used a PVA washable glue which is transparent and does not leave a stain on the fabric.  So I just cut the finished fabric to size and folded the short ends over a bit and glued the whole thing on.  Worked a treat.  The finished design is fine and is deliberately light.  I intend to do some more as presents for Christmas.  Here is the finished holder.

I am continuing with some more practical projects.  The current one is a series of bookmarks.  All will feature traditional Palestinian patterns.  I’ve stitched one and almost completed another.  Two more to go.  Good stitching!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s